For use on Palm OS and PocketPC 2003 Devices.
- Quick and easy to use
- Works on any device running the Palm Operating System (Palm OS) and PocketPC 2003
- Accepts English or metric system input
- Includes BMI classification table for adults
- Provides information about BMI from the Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: the Evidence Report and the Practical Guide to the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults
Last update: 4/05
Instructions for installing the BMI Calculator on your Palm OS device:
- Download the file "BMICalcv21_installer.prc" to your computer.
- After NHLBI_BMI_Calculator.PRC is saved on your computer, use the Palm desktop software to HotSync the file to your Palm OS device.
- Then, tap the BMICalc icon on your Palm OS device and follow the instructions to start the program.
Instructions for installing the BMI Calculator Program your 2003 PocketPC device:
Compatible Devices. INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ONLY ONTO DEVICES RUNNING THE POCKETPC 2003 OPERATING SYSTEM. Installing this program onto devices running other versions of the operating system (e.g., PocketPC 2002, Windows CE) could cause loss of all data on the device. This program may not work on all PocketPC 2003 devices due to the use of different processors by different device manufacturers.
- We strongly recommend that you back up your PocketPC device before downloading and installing these (or any) new files.
- Download the file BMICalc_PPC2003.zip to your computer.
- After downloading the BMICalc_PPC2003.zip file and saving it to your hard drive, double-click to unzip the file and save it to your hard drive.
- A file named bmi_setup.exe will be included in the zip file.
- After "bmi_setup.exe" is saved to your computer, double click the file to begin the installation. A PocketPC 2003 device must be connected to your computer via ActiveSync.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation is complete, click the BMI icon on your PocketPC 2003 device to run the program.