Treat overweight and obesity according to the Clinical Guidelines on Overweight and Obesity in Adults with this interactive program for use on Palm operating system and PocketPC 2003 devices.
This simple, easy-to-use program puts the Guidelines in the palm of your hand.
The tool's interactive design allows you to instantly generate individualized and evidence-based assessment and treatment recommendations for each patient at the point-of-care. Features include:
Body Mass Index calculation
Assessment of cardiovascular disease risk factors
Determination of need for treatment
Individualized weight loss goals
Individualized treatment recommendations (lifestyle therapy, pharmacotherapy,
and surgery options)
Follow-up and maintenance recommendations
Evidence-based supporting information available throughout
The OEI Guidelines application for handheld computers (Palm OS and PocketPC) is intended as a point-of-care reference to the full Clinical Guidelines on the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults: the Evidence Report and the Practical Guide to the Identification, Evaluation, and Treatment of Overweight and Obesity in Adults. Clinicians should be thoroughly familiar with these documents before using this reference tool in patient care.
Last update: 5/05
Instructions for installing the Implementation Tool on your Palm OS device:
- Download the file "OEIObesityv1-6.prc" to your computer.
- After OEIObesityv1-6.prc is saved on your computer, use the Palm desktop software to HotSync the file to your Palm OS device.
- Then, tap the OEIObesity icon on your Palm OS device and follow the instructions to start the program.
Instructions for installing the OEI Obesity Program your 2003 PocketPC device:
Compatible Devices. INSTALL THIS PROGRAM ONLY ONTO DEVICES RUNNING THE POCKETPC 2003 OPERATING SYSTEM. Installing this program onto devices running other versions of the operating system (e.g., PocketPC 2002, Windows CE) could cause loss of all data on the device. This program may not work on all PocketPC 2003 devices due to the use of different processors by different device manufacturers.
- We strongly recommend that you back up your PocketPC device before downloading and installing these (or any) new files.
- Download the file OEIObesity_PPC2003.zip to your computer.
- After downloading the OEIObesity_PPC2003.zip file and saving it to your hard drive, double-click to unzip the file and save it to your hard drive.
- A file named oei_setup.exe will be included in the zip file.
- After "oei_setup.exe" is saved to your computer, double click the file to begin the installation. A PocketPC 2003 device must be connected to your computer via ActiveSync.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- After installation is complete, click the OEI icon on your PocketPC 2003 device to run the program