The Palm OS (Operating System) program for application of the Third Report of the National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). This interactive guideline tool will assist the clinician in implementing the ATP III Cholesterol Guidelines at the point of care.
The program also contains usable information from ATP III including:
- ATP III classification of lipid levels.
- ATP III CHD risk assessment.
- Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes (TLC).
- Drug therapy for lipid lowering.
- Information on the metabolic syndrome.
- Issues for special populations.
It is recommended that the clinician be thoroughly familiar with the ATP III Guidelines prior to using this reference tool in patient care. The ATP III Executive Summary is available online.
Last update: 4/05
Instructions for installing the Implementation Tool on your Palm OS device:
- Download the file "ATP3v15_Installer.prc" to your computer.
- After ATP3v15_Installer.prc is saved on your computer, use the Palm desktop software to HotSync the file to your Palm OS device.
- Then, tap the ATPIII icon on your Palm OS device and follow the instructions to start the program.
- Note, the file "MathLib.prc" must also be installed on your Palm OS device for the ATP3 Cholesterol Management Implementation Tool to work correctly. MathLib is a free shared library which makes double-precision math functions available on Palm OS devices. The MathLib source code and documentation can be obtained at the MathLib Information web page.
- After downloading the MathLib.zip file and saving it to your hard drive, double-click to unzip the file. A number of files will be included in the zip file. Install the file MathLib.prc to your Palm OS device.